The Virtual Academy of Sustainability is an institution funded by the German Federal Foundation for Environment and since 2016 by the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) that is coordinated at the excellence-university of Bremen. Action is taken by the Chair for Business Studies and Sustainable Management in collaboration with the center for multimedia in teaching (ZMML). The Virtual Academy of Sustainability has developed committees, collaborations and target group appropriate work processes that enabled the successful establishment of the Academy and the Test Network.
The Board of the Virtual Academy
Prof. Dr. Georg Müller-Christ is the initiator and patron of the project Virtual Academy of Sustainability. He focuses on the strategic development and determines the program of courses. Collaborating with experts, he organizes the evaluation of courses and the academy in general, in order to secure an ongoing advancement of quality.
Prof. Dr. Georg Müller-Christ
Professur für BWL, insbesondere Nachhaltiges Management, Universität Bremen
The Team of the Virtual Academy of Sustainability
Dirk Vaihinger, Thore Vagts, Katharina Lingenau, Oliver Krause, Lisa Schleker und Eike Struss (from left)
The team of the Virtual Academy of Sustainability manages the daily business. This contains the teaching and examination field as well as networking activities. Furthermore, they coordinate and evaluate the production of new courses.
Katharina Lingenau is responsible for the coordination of all processes and is in close contact with our sponsors and partners. She manages the networking activities of the Virtual Academy and focuses on the continuous development of topics and formats of our courses.
The examination processes are supervised and managed by Oliver Krause, who is the first contact for students with questions regarding the examination application. He plans and coordinates the examination dates at the partner universities and evaluates the examination results in order to identify and implement potentials for further development.
Lisa Schleker undertakes all communication and marketing activities and is the direct contact for the coordinators of the partner universities and the students. Furthermore, she is responsible for the acquisition of new partner universities and the further dissemination of our courses.
- Planning and producing new courses
- Quality control of current courses
- Student support via the learning platform, via e-mail, or after requests from social networks
- Personal consultation with the academy coordinators at the partner universities
Planning of examinations
- Providing information about the examination process at the partner universities
- Coordinating all examination dates with the partner universities
- Organization and support of current examinations
- Handling of all examination procedures
- Continuous quality control of the examination catalogue
- Ongoing training about electronic assessment
- Monitoring the development of ESN topics
- Strategic cooperation with partner universities (Goal: one university in each federal state)
- Participation at fares, expert meetings and symposia for ESN and multimedia
- Communication with partner universities and students
- Ongoing evaluations and identification of potential for improvement
- Development of targeted marketing material and communication strategies